Thursday, September 6, 2012

shelter island, ny

(Will return to the Labor Day weekend photos shortly.  Getting these up before they're lost in the shuffle.  This happens more often than I'd like to admit.)

We spent a weekend on Shelter Island, where ferries take you to to screened porches. 

And I can continue to drink my morning coffee outside.  Just like nature intended.



And you can eat and eat and eat at adorable places like Reddings Gourmet Market.


Things like this.

And this and this.

And you do it all while surrounded by water.

And then Sunday rolls arounds and its back to the ferry and back to reality.

This view of the city from the BQE always so impressive in person, but I've yet to get a picture the fully captures it.  I imagine being in a moving vehicle has something to do with that.  I'll keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment