Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC day 1

The day 1 of KCWC plan is to finish my second Ayashe. Things of note, the top stitching on the cuff shouldn't slice straight through the middle.  I know this. And the too short bias stings. Sure to do nothing but annoy the wearer. But I had the worlds smallest piece of fabric (from my Grandma's stash) and I was determined to use it. Amelia may never get to meet her GG, but she will be wearing clothing made of cloth she picked out. I'm even toying with quilting (my Grandma's passion). I'll need a tutorial from my Auntie Karen for that.

As for the rest of the week. Knits. I shall tackle knits. Which thus far has done nothing more than waste a whole lot of thread. Tension? I think? I called my mom for advice. I went to Purl Soho yesterday. To touch the Liberty of London prints in person. So pretty! So not going home with me at this point. I did buy a tiny bundle of Birch Fabrics. Who doesn't love elephants?


No comments:

Post a Comment